I like a good theme when it comes to a classroom party. Last year we did a Frozen theme and this year we are going with a reindeer theme. I love themes but I also want to make sure that its not a sugar fest and that the kids, even though it might be minor, will learn a little bit about partying with healthy foods.
Here are 10 healthy snack ideas that I came up with, some with a little influence from Pinterest, whose projects always seem to come out more perfect than mine but I still have fun being creative.
1. Orange snowman ( We live in Florida and I can guarantee that the majority of kids have never built there own snowman but now they can with the states favorite fruit...the orange! )
2. Don't forget about the penguin fruit masks. Wrap up whole pears (my seasonal favorite) apples and oranges. To download the free link click here.
3. Bananas with a message. The possibilities are endless when it comes to message writing on a banana.
4. Frozen "cocoa" or really just frozen low fat chocolate milk.
5. Cheese sticks (the original ones that I saw had snowmen drawn on them and they were wrapped with a little scarf). Mine were not photo worthy, but you get the point.
6. Popcorn "snow" . Draw a snowman face on a clear cup and presto you have a snowman.
7. Frozen lemonade pops (Olaf loves summer right?)
8. "Do you want to build a snowman?" Trail mix. Give each child a bag of marshmallows, pretzel sticks, nuts, fruit rope cut in 3 pieces, chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds. Let them build there own and then munch on a healthy snack.
9. For the reindeer theme I love the idea of a reindeer food bar which is an easy way to make a trail mix. Trail mix ideas include: cheerios, pretzels, mini chocolate chips, dried cranberries, raisins, nuts and seeds.
10. I also like the idea of making water bottles look like Rudolph. These pictures are from Pinterest so I will let you know how our festivities turn out.
Have a great holiday! May it be Healthy and Bright!
Find us on Facebook: ABCD Eat Right
Follow us on Twitter: ABCDEatRight1
Check out more free printables: www.abcdeatright.com
Contact us: Brandi@ABCDEatRight.com