- Pumpkin Hummus
- 4 (6-inch) pitas, each cut into 8 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seed kernels, toasted (optional)
Preheat oven to 425°.
Place pita wedges on baking sheets; coat with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 6 minutes or until toasted.
Place tahini and next 7 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor, and process until smooth. Add parsley; pulse until blended. Spoon hummus into a serving bowl; sprinkle with pumpkin seed kernels, if desired. Serve with pita wedges.
Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-hummus-10000001120379/