Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Field Day Fun

Field day....memories of a fun day filled with 50 yard dashes, tug of war and jump rope. Our Elementary school made T-shirts for each homeroom class. My fifth grade class was the Voekel Vikings. I remember that like it was yesterday. I won a few ribbons for speed and spent an entire day outdoors.
What a novelty playing outdoors in school has become. When I compare what schools have become to what I remember I feel fortunate for the time I did have for playing outdoors...taking it for granted at that point. This year I decided to join in the field day fun and make "Healthy and Hydrating" bags for my son's first grade classroom. I also decided to combine field day with Easter since this year field day is the day before Spring/Easter Break. 

Here is what I included:
A small bottle of water
An apple
A painted Egg (painted with chalkboard paint)
Unjunked candy
National Nutrition Month Stickers
Piece of chalk for the eggs



Happy Field Day!
www.OnANutritionMission.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment