Sunday, March 16, 2014

Shamrock Pancakes! Good greens for breakfast (without any food coloring or chemicals).

This morning I made a recipe that I originally saw posted at SuperHealthyKids.com. I initially thought that the kids would freak out when they saw the "green food" but I spun it a little bit and said that they were "lucky" pancakes!
I made a few modifications from the original recipe and I must say these are probably the best pancakes that I have every made.
 
 
Photo courtesy of Kel Thompson www.AmericasProductionCompany.com
 
Here is the recipe just in case  you are looking for a fun healthy idea for breakfast or snack for anytime of the year.

5 cups spinach leaves
2 large eggs
1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. Honey or Maple syrup
3/4 cup almond milk
 
Blend together above ingredients in a blender or food processor
until frothy and smooth without chucks of spinach.
 
In another bowl combine:
2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
 
Mix dry ingredients with green mixture and combine. Add more milk if consistency is too thick or more flour if consistency is too thin. Heat griddle and spray with oil. Make silver dollar sized pancakes.
Feeds 2 kids and 3 adults!

Everybody was happy even mom and dad!
 
Facebook: Americas Dietitian & ABCD Eat Right

No comments:

Post a Comment