Football party food is rarely considered the healthiest fare. This year score a touchdown with your team by serving these 7 easy and healthy options:
1. Guacamole- mash up a few ripe avocados, squeeze a half a lemon and add salt and pepper to taste. Dip your favorite chopped vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, red peppers, cauliflower.
2. Skewered thinly cut chicken strips with cherry tomatoes and onion. Marinate the chicken overnight in balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper
3. Salad on a stick: Layer chopped romaine lettuce, quartered tomatoes, carrot slices or coins, red pepper slices and cucumbers. Dip in oil and vinegar.
4. Grilled portabello mushrooms with goat cheese.
5. Grilled stuffed peppers. Stuff with black beans, cheese and cooked rice or cooked quinoa and garbanzo beans.
6. Broccoli and Cauliflower field with Greek yogurt dip.
No matter who loses at the Superbowl this year, your family will score a huge win with all of the healthy options!
Facebook: ABCD Eat Right