Monday, January 2, 2012

Kicking off the New Year with Cauliflower

In my quest to start the New Year with new foods for the kids to try I came across a recipe from this months Vegetarian Times magazine: Mac-and-cheese style cauliflower. (Click the link and it will take you directly to the recipe).

I have set a personal goal to have my kids try a new food (at least) once every week. I am fed up of the processed food rut that we have fallen into and want to make healthy delicious changes.

So tonight, even though Jackson has a bit of a stomach bug, I tried a new recipe.

The kids were not overjoyed at the thought of new things but at least they looked at it with interest instead of an immediate turn down, as they usually do. I think I fooled them a little bit by just calling it Mac and cheese :).

And the verdict was...
My husband and I liked it.
Olivia tried it but did not like it :(
Jackson did not try it. (It's OK, he said he would next time and I really didn't want to tempt the stomach bug again) .

Will I make this recipe again- Definitely yes.
Give it a try and see what your family does.

Next week we will start the newsletters up again! If you don't receive them make sure and sign up at www.ABCDEatRight.com

No comments:

Post a Comment