Sunday, January 15, 2012

Quinoa crusted fish


Quinoa is an excellent source of protein. This sprouted grain primarily grown in Bolivia provides an excellent source of fiber, protein and iron.

I was looking for an alternative to breadcrumbs and wanted the fish dish to still have a little crunch (to mimic a fried version).

I marinated the Mahi fillets in a Mango chipotle grilling sauce overnight. I then cooked 2 cups of quinoa. I beat an egg and dipped the fillet of Mahi in the egg and then rolled it in the quinoa to coat. I placed the fish on a prepared pan coated with spray oil. Baked the fish for about 25 minutes on 350 degrees. I served it with fresh string beans and butternut squash.

I highly recommend using quinoa as an alternative to breadcrumbs. It was easy and more nutritious.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment