Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sidetracked by sickness

My major efforts towards eating healthier fare for the New Year have been slightly side tracked by sickness. The kids seem to be passing around a stomach bug. One night we even had a tandem throw up sessions. Not pleasant to say the least. My goals to try a new food atleast once each week have had a little set back but I do not plan on giving up. I will even be adding it to their chore charts just to see if I can ramp up their intake of different foods with a small sticker reward.

A recent article printed in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (December, 2011) reported that small rewards for trying even a taste of a new fruit or vegetable may increase a child's overall intake of that food. So we will give it a try with fun stickers. To read the full journal article click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment