On the 5th day of Christmas my
Registered Dietitian recommended to me....
Healthy Classroom Party Food Ideas!
It wouldn't be a holiday if the Registered Dietitian was not recommending healthier fare at school! This year try these fun, delicious and healthy alternatives at your child's holiday party.
1. Wrap your whole fruit in a festive fruit mask. To print the templates click here. Scroll down to the penguin mask and click to open
2. Blueberry, strawberry and spinach smoothie
3. Vegetable trays with cucumbers, broccoli, sugar snap peas, and tomatoes with a low fat veggie dressing
4. Red and apple slices with flavored yogurt dip or nut butter and cream cheese spread on top
5. Dried or shelled edamame
6. Desert dessert (Graham cracker with a layer of nut butter topped with a floret of broccoli)
7. Mini sandwiches cut out into cookie cutter shapes
8. Red and green grape kebabs
9. Trail mix (crackers, yogurt covered pretzels, yogurt covered raisins, dried cranberries, blueberries or strawberries, dried edamame)
10. Hummus dip with pita bread cut into shapes, broccoli and tomatoes for dipping (hummus can also be combined with cooked beets to add a red color)
11. Popcorn balls with dried strawberries.
12. Mini Grinch on a stick
Have a Healthy Holiday!
FACEBOOK:DIETITIAN'S HUSBAND UNREFINED & ABCD EAT RIGHT