On the 4th Day of Christmas my
Registered Dietitian recommended to me....
There are few things worse than getting a food borne illness for the holidays. Keep illness at bay by following some of these tips when cooking for family and friends.
1. Keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold. Cold foods should be under 40 degrees Fahrenheit and hot foods should be kept above 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Never leave foods out for greater than 4 hours at room temperature.
3. Avoid cross contamination by using separate knives for produce and meats and raw and cooked food.
4. Store raw meats on the bottom shelf below any cooked foods and produce.
5. ALWAYS wash hands before, during and after food preparation.
For more tips on how to keep your family healthy for the holidays visit: Food Safety at the Holidays.
FACEBOOK:DIETITIANS HUSBAND UNREFINED & ABCD Eat Right