Today is the last day of March and hopefully you have picked up a few tips that were beneficial to your families overall health and well being. This years theme "Enjoy the taste of eating right" has many different messages. First, healthy food can taste good and second, eating healthy can be an enjoyable event. Just because you don't like cooked broccoli doesn't mean you won't like it raw dipped in hummus.
Here are 5 key messages to take away from
National Nutrition Month:
1. Eat from the proportions recommended by the My Plate.
2. Avoid Fast food restaurants as much as possible. Remember fruit is the original fast food.
3. Learn to cook, share it with your kids and make your kitchen a family friendly place.
4. Make sure to brake for breakfast. Breakfast is a great way to start off the day. Choose protein, whole grains and fresh fruit to start the day in a healthy way.
5. When you need the most accurate and up to date advice seek out a true nutrition expert, a Registered Dietitian.
Stay connected throughout the year:
Facebook: ABCD Eat Right and America's Dietitian