Sunday, August 7, 2011

Breakfast battles

This morning my son requested a smoothie for breakfast. I was in a hurry to get out the door and felt that adding a mango to a smoothie took too much time. I then realized that I was not going to win the battle of the mango and that this fruit was very important to my son and he was not going to budge until he got a mango in his smoothie. As I retreated, I began to realize that I was being a bit harsh and that the 2 minutes extra that it would take to peel and dice the mango was really a minute point. Sometimes being in a hurry can decrease the nutrients that our kids receive. We are going to start Kindergarten soon and I guess there will be many mornings that I may have a small battle. Maybe the best bet will be to plan ahead. In the end I am excited that he had to have one of the healthiest fruits out there. It could be worse...he could want MacDonald's.

No comments:

Post a Comment