Today is National Registered Dietitian's day! Hooray for the group of men and women that were listed as the 3rd job to save the world! For those that may not be familiar with the experts of nutrition I have included a list that was compiled by The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics-
The top 10 reasons to consult a Registered Dietitian:
1. You have prediabetes and want to stave off diabetes. A registered dietitian can change your life by teaching you skills that will help you lose and keep off weight and keep diabetes at bay.
2. Your community has high levels of obesity. A registered dietitian can work with public health, government, school and other local leaders to create wellness programs that promote healthful eating and physical activity for everyone.
3. You are a marketing manager for a large food company and know consumers’ preference for good-tasting food that is healthy. A registered dietitian can make the connection and work with your food scientists to develop new products that will be successful in the marketplace.
4. You want to improve your performance in sports. A registered dietitian can help you set goals to achieve results — whether you’re running a marathon, skiing or jogging with your dog.
5. You have had gastric bypass surgery. Since your stomach can only manage small servings, it’s a challenge to get the right amount of nutrients in your body. A registered dietitian will work with you to develop an eating plan for your new needs.
6. You realize you need to feed your family healthier foods but you do not cook. A registered dietitian who has special culinary skills can teach you how to cook in a simple, convenient way.
7. Your teenager has issues with food and eating healthfully. A registered dietitian can assist with eating disorders likeanorexia, bulimia and overweight issues.
8. Your community wants more local foods to be available. A registered dietitian can lead efforts to make sure foods will not only be healthy but also will positively affect the local economy.
9. You just had your first child, are concerned the baby is not eating enough and need help and confidence for breastfeeding. A registered dietitian can provide guidance and assurance that you and your infant are getting enough iron, vitamin D,fluoride and B vitamins.
10. Your mother, who is increasing in age, wants to stay in her home. A registered dietitian leading a local congregate dining and home delivered meals program can obtain a nutrition screening to make sure this happens.
If you have a question for a Registered Dietitian please contact us at : Brandi@ABCDEatRight.com
You can also sign up for our free weekly e-newsletter and receive weekly tips from a Licensed and Registered Dietitian! www.ABCDEatRight.com